Steep Point The Most Westerly Tour
Due to the nature of this tour, we require a minimum fare of 2 adults & 1 child to carry out this tour. Or minimum cost of $850 for 2 Adult passengers. (see rates blow)
** For bookings please make enquiries through our website.
Take a trip to the most westerly point of mainland Australia. Be amazed by the rugged beauty of the Zuytdorp cliffs, be blown away by the incredible colours of South Passage. Come and immerse yourself in this stunning landscape.
This is a big day with lots of driving, the round trip is over 500 km and some of it is very rough terrain and slow going with some very soft sandy stuff thrown in for good measure.
It is truly an experience all of its own and suitable to the adventurous types. It is well worth the drive however as the scenery is just breathtaking. After a trip to Steep Point you’ll understand why they call this the Ship Wreck Coast. You’ll enjoy a scenic drive around the southern end of Shark Bay before visiting the most westerly point of mainland Australia, Steep Point. Just to prove you’ve been there, have your photo taken at the sign and then a nice stroll around the cliff to see what we can spot in the majestic open waters of the Indian Ocean. Be amazed by the rugged Zuytdorp cliffs, spot sharks, manta rays, massive queensland groupers and possibly even humpback whales on their annual migration and whale sharks (both seasonal).
Check out the blow holes at False Entrance if the conditions are right or take a drive around to Nor 6, an amazing high vantage point where you can look along the incredibly rugged Zuytdorp cliffs which stretch off in both directions for as far as the eye can see.
Enjoy a relaxing home style lunch on the beach at Shelter Bay taking in the views across South Passage at Dirk Hartog Island. Take a dip in the crystal-clear waters (conditions permitting.) By then it will be time to start the journey back to Denham.
This tour requires minimum fares of 2 adults & 1 child to go ahead. Or minimum cost of $850 for 2 Adult passengers. If more people add to the booking then we are able to refund back to the $300 per adult rate.
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Denham, WA
- Product code: STP
For Steep Point The Most Westerly Tour to specific areas, group bookings or private tours please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Steep Point Itinerary:
· Pick up free of charge from your Denham accommodation or Discovery Centre (730am pick up)
· Pick up from Monkey Mia $40 charge per booking (7am pick up)
· Enjoy morning, afternoon tea throughout your adventure and Lunch at Shelter Bay
· Ample cold water is supplied- just bring a bottle
· Full day includes National Park entry fees
· Use of binoculars and polarized sunglasses.
· The places we visit are weather, time and track condition dependent and can be subject to change
· If children require specific seating please let us know so we can prepare the car accordingly.